Lemongrass Tofu and Vegetable Curry Recipe is a delicious combination of fresh vegetables, tofu and flavored with a lemon grass curry paste. The curry also has a blend of coconut milk and a tomato puree, adding to the tanginess of this asian inspired curry. When I made this curry, I had a little bit of a variety of vegetables, a stalk of lemon grass, tofu and tomato puree, and it was so easy to bring it all together. Serve the Tofu and Vegetable Curry along with brown rice or even jasmine rice for as healthy wholesome weeknight dinner.
- 250 grams firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into round coins
- 1/4 cup green peas, steamed
- 250 grams broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon five spice curry powder
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1/4 tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
Ingredients for the Lemon Grass Curry Paste
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, chopped with leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
Directions for Lemongrass Tofu and Vegetable Curry Recipe
- To begin making the Lemongrass Tofu and Vegetable Curry Recipe we have to get a set of ingredients ready. Keep the vegetables cut and ready.
- Make the Lemon Grass Curry Paste, by blending all the curry paste ingredients into a smooth paste adding very little water. Keep this aside.
- Next make the homemade tomato puree. Keep this aside. I most often make a batch of it and refrigerate it, so when I have to make recipes like this, it comes in handy.
- Whisk the coconut milk, tomato puree, the lemon grass curry paste, salt, turmeric powder and curry powder until well combined. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust it to suit your taste. Add in the tofu cubes and keep this aside.
- Now we are ready to bring out ingredients together for the Lemongrass Tofu and Vegetable Curry Recipe.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large wok; add in all the vegetables together, sprinkle some salt and stir fry on high heat until the vegetables are lightly cooked and steamed. Once the vegetables are cooked, pour in the Lemon grass curry mixture along with the tofu and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium high and bring the curry to a boil. After a minute of boiling, turn off the heat and transfer the curry to a serving bowl.
- Serve the Lemongrass Tofu and Vegetable Curry, along with brown rice or jasmine rice for a wholesome weeknight dinner.